Assessor and IQA Bursary Opportunities
WAMITAB is a registered Charity and Awarding Organisation, offering qualifications in Waste and Resource Management, Cleaning and Street Scene, Facilities Management and Parking. We quality assure the delivery of qualifications across over 80 national training providers, known as WAMITAB Approved Centres.
There is currently a shortage of qualified Assessors and Internal Quality Assurers (IQAs) to fulfil the educational needs of the Waste and Resource Management sector. We envision that the demand for Assessors and IQAs will increase with the changes in Apprenticeship delivery and assessment following the introduction of the Apprenticeship Levy and the move from frameworks to apprenticeship standards. To support our Centre Network, and plan for future developments, we have committed to provide a bursary opportunity to support interested parties to gain a TAQA qualification. The WAMITAB Bursary will cover training costs and provide hands-on training and delivery experience with one of our high quality Approved Centres.
There will be a total of 10 bursaries available – 5 for assessment personnel, and 5 for Internal Quality Assurance. Individuals must be able to commit to undertaking the qualification followed by a period of 18 months working as a self-employed WAMITAB Approved assessor/IQA.
To be eligible for this opportunity, individuals will be required to hold a Level 4 or above qualification in waste and resource management, and/or extensive experience of the sector at managerial level. Those wishing to seek a bursary for an IQA qualification must already have an appropriate Assessor qualification.
We are seeking candidates who are proactive, confident, trainable and well-organised. DBS clearance will be required, which will be at the candidate’s own expense. At the end of the qualification, candidates will be expected to be self-employed, peripatetic assessors, or IQAs delivering WAMITAB qualifications either directly or via a WAMITAB Approved Centre.
As a WAMITAB Approved Assessor or IQA, candidates will:
- Manage own workload and set own appointments, working via a WAMITAB Approved Centre
- Understand and be competent to deliver a range of Level 1 to Level 4 Waste and Resource Management qualifications
- Motivate and inspire your learners to complete their qualifications
- Be comfortable attending meetings, reporting learner progress, and meeting deadlines
- Be approachable, open and enthusiastic with strong customer service and organisational skills, with excellent attention to detail
Experience and qualifications necessary to be considered for an Assessor or IQA qualification bursary:
- Level 4 or higher qualification relevant to the field OR
- Extensive demonstrable experience of the sector in a senior managerial role
- Confidence and competence to deliver mentoring and assessment to learners at all ages, from all educational backgrounds
- Full driving license and access to a vehicle in order to travel
- Additionally, IQA applicants must already hold a recognised Assessor or Teaching qualification, and have undertaken TAQA updating
- Knowledge and/or experience of the WAMITAB qualification portfolio is desirable but not essential
Closing date is 5.00 pm on Friday 19 May 2017.
Interested candidates are invited to send a CV and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals will be short listed to attend a face to face interview during May/June – date to be finalised.